Residential Tenant Eviction

Faster Residential Tenant Eviction Required?
We help you recover your property & rent arrears quicker

Landlords are facing prolonged delays to enforcing residential tenant evictions. Transferring up your possession order to a High Court Writ of Possession is a quicker and cost-effective alternative.

We are experts in transferring up County Court possession orders to the High Court to undertake faster residential tenant evictions. Whether the landlord has obtained a possession order or not yet, High Court Writ Recovery’s team can help.

  • Faster Enforcement
  • Cost-Effective
  • Experienced Team
  • Free* Transfer Up CCJ Admin
  • Property Recovery & Rent Arrears
  • Greater Powers
  • Restore Rental Income Quicker
  • England & Wales

Possession Order Obtained – We will undertake the application for permission to transfer up the possession order to the High Court for permission to issue a Writ of Possession. (Under Section 42 of the County Court Act 1984 applies to Residential Tenant Eviction).

Possession Order Not Yet Obtained – We can guide landlords to obtain a possession order. At the same time apply for permission transferring up to the High Court for permission issue the Writ of Possession.

Why Apply for a Writ of Possession?

Getting a Writ of Possession means that a High Court Enforcement officer (HCEO) or their appointed certificated Enforcement Agent can evict your tenant. This a faster and cost-effective route of eviction than using County Court bailiffs.

High Court Enforcement Officer and Enforcement Agents are privately contracted and paid on results. County Court bailiffs are salaried employees.

Residential Tenant Eviction – Latest Developments

Landlords are experiencing very long delays to enforcement action via the County Court. This is owing to lack of County Court bailiff resources and a subsequent increasing backlog of residential tenant evictions. Some involving several months before any enforcement action commences.

These developments means that many landlords find the County Court possession orders are in effect in limbo. The landlord is also incurring severe losses due to the extended period of non-payment of rent.

Transferring up the possession order to the High Court enforcement is a real cost-effective alternative. There is a misconception that this route is expensive. This is really a false economy, as the overall outlay represents less than one month’s rent (see Writ of Possession Fees Explained table below). Especially when the delays landlords are experiencing from relying on County Court bailiffs.

Writ of Possession Fees Explained

• Application for Permission if not already obtained £119
• Application for Permission to issue the Writ £119
• Writ Fee £78
• Eviction costs £490 plus vat

High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) & Enforcement Agents

High Court Enforcement Officers (HCEOs) have greater powers than other court officers, including County Court bailiffs. Our High Court Enforcement Officer is authorised by the Lord Chancellor’s office to enforce High Court Writs.

The HCEO manages all our Enforcement Agents. Our Enforcement Agents are certificated and will make the visits to enforce the writ assigned to that case. All our Enforcement Agents have a good knowledge of their local areas. These resources together provide national coverage throughout England and Wales.

Are You Owed Rent Also?
Instruct Us With A Combined Writ of Control & Possession

Combine into one instruction, to recover both rent arrears from an unpaid CCJ and secure your property via the High Court. We are usually far quicker enforcing a combined Writ of Control & Possession than a County Court bailiff can act.

Transferring your CCJ to the High Court route (via a Writ of Control) to recover rent owed has been shown to be more successful and cost effective. The Writ of Control may be at no-cost when a fully successful outcome is achieved with the debtor.

  • CCJ £600 & above
  • Free* Transfer Up CCJ
  • CCJ less than 6 years old
  • All Costs Payable By Debtor

For example, you have a County Court Judgment (CCJ) awarded (£600 and above but less than 6 years old). However, you are still owed the rental income – that’s when you can rely on us to help. Even when the tenant has left the property we are able to enforce the Writ of Control.

On behalf of the landlord we can manage either of the two most used receovery options:

Writ of Control Fees explained

*Court Fee £78 +VAT – paid by the claimant. The fee will be added to the total owed to the claimant and is payable by the defendant on a successful action.

*Compliance fee £75 +VAT covers our initial communication to the defendant. It can be added to the total and claimed against the debtor. In the event that the defendant is not located or is insolvent the Compliance Fee will be payable by the claimant.

Combined Transfer Up Possession Order & CCJ to High Court Enforcement

Recover rent owed & property by transferring County Court Judgment & Order up to a High Court Writ of Control & Possession.