Debtors FAQs

High Court Writ Recovery is a responsible & ethical enforcement company. We will always treat your case with the greatest respect to achieve an early and successful resolution.

If you have received a Notice of Enforcement from us, we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions below. Should you require more information please contact us on 03330 341 638.

Why are you contacting me?

If we are contacting you, it will be because we have received a court order (A High Court Writ, formally known as a Writ of Control) that you owe money to a creditor. Your debt will be owed to a different creditor (which is why you may not recognise our name) but we have been passed your account to collect the outstanding balance.

What is a Notice of Enforcement?

On receipt of a High Court Writ, we will issue a Notice of Enforcement. A Notice of Enforcement is a formal document served on an individual or business to advise them of their legal obligation to comply with the law. It typically outlines the exact action which needs to be taken, as well as any associated fines or other penalties for non-compliance.

I have received a Notice of Enforcement, what do I need to do?

The Notice of Enforcement gives you 7 clear days in which to pay in full or to put forward an offer of repayment. The offer of repayment needs to be acceptable to the creditor you owe money to. It is important that you contact us as soon as you can to discuss payment.  Payment or an accepted repayment offer at this stage will prevent further enforcement fees. 

How do I pay the full amount?

If you wish to pay the full amount your options are:
1. Call Us to make a Debit Card payment.
2. Make a Bank Payment.
3. Post your Postal Order, Bank Draft or Cheque.
Full details on How to make a payment.

How can I make an offer of repayment?

If you wish to make an offer to pay the full amount in instalments by setting up a payment plan, please contact us on 03330 341 638.

All offers of repayment need to be agreed by the creditor you owe.

Can I pay the creditor directly?

Once a court order has been made, you must pay us. Even if you pay the creditor directly the court order remains in place and until the debt and fees have been paid.

What if I am unable to pay the full amount?

If you are unable to make full payment, please contact us straight away on 03330 341 638 to discuss your personal circumstances.

We will look at what the creditor will allow, and work with you to agree a realistic payment plan based on an assessment of your circumstance.

Please note that payment plans are discretionary and failure to maintain the payment terms will result in further enforcement action.

I’m having financial difficulties, what should I do?

Our team of advisers will be happy to speak to you about your situation. Please call us on 03330 341 638.

You can also get free and independent debt advice from these organisations.

I’ve received a letter for someone who does not live at this address, what should I do?

If you have received correspondence for someone who no longer lives at your address, please let us know as soon as possible.

A court order only applies to the person or business named on it. All correspondence we send out is on instruction from the creditor you owe, based on information they have.

To remove the address, you will need to provide us with proof of residency. This proof can be a copy of either a recent mortgage or council tax statement, tenancy agreement or a utility bill dated within the last 3 months.

Until we receive this information, we must act on the instructions we have so please provide the information as soon as possible to avoid further inconvenience.
Please email us the information, attaching photographs or scanned images of the supporting evidence to .

Alternatively, you can also write to us at High Court Writ Recovery, PO Box 816, Waltham Abbey, EN8 1RG.

We will update our records, then delete or destroy the information you sent us (so please don’t send us original documents, as we are unable to return these).

Please be aware that if the documentation supplied is not clear we may need to contact you again to confirm the information.

If a business is named on the court order, and the business it still registered at your address, an officer will need to visit.

I don’t owe this debt, what do I need to do?

Once a court order has been made, an officer must act to enforce it. If you don’t believe you owe the original debt, please contact us to discuss this.  

By telephoning during normal office hours Monday to Friday:
03330 341 638 

Or emailing our Debtor support team on:

Or alternatively please complete this form:

Debtor Contact Us

As shown on any communication from us
If applicable